Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finding your bearings

Well, it's been close to a year and I finally got word the other day that I am about to become an official GIS professional. Good news after nearly twenty years of working in the industry.

The certification process is worse than filling out your tax form and requires more backup than an audit. All in all, definitely worth it and now I can put some all important looking letters after my name.

For those who don't know, here's the info from certification institute:

A GISP is a certified geographic information systems (GIS) Professional who has met the minimum standards for ethical conduct and professional practice as established by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI)

So, hooray for me! Now go out and have a beer to celebrate.

Prosit!


No comments: